Tommy Hunter Appreciation Thread

BMann

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy turned into a solid reliever. I'll always remember the game in Seattle during the 2012 season where he pitched well with bird poop on his head.

Tommy has been a staple for our team and I'll miss him. My favorite O's gif ever was the home run landing right in front of him as he unflinchingly celebrated in the bullpen.

I remember the last day of the season in 2013 my wife and I were in the outfield during batting practice. Tommy was shagging balls and hamming it up with the fans as always. Scott Feldman was shagging with him, and while Tommy was talking to some fans, he threw my wife Tommy's glove. When Tommy was done chatting, he went back looking for his glove, and then my wife with it. He came over and talked/joked with us for about 10 minutes (he was probably hitting on my wife, but whatever). At the end of the conversation, he threw us a couple balls and let her keep his glove. Really great guy.

He always struck me as someone who was a fan of the game just as much as he was a player. He was a fan's player. He always seemed to be grateful for his opportunity.

Best of luck in Chicago, Tommy!

With Tommy it was always what you see is what you get. I appreciated that. He was always forthright in his interviews. No beating around the bush. He pitched a lot of big games for us. I'll remember him fondly as an Oriole. All the best.

Archived